What I miss tonight is...

So tonight feels a little bit rubbish...I shall tell you why…at this time of the evening for the last 3 nights…it’s all been kicking off…the heroes of Sparkleshark have just been about to go into battle which means I’m about to get to watch 5 minutes of theatrical mayhem before a brilliant story comes to it’s heart warming end…and before this utterly engaging scene I have had the privilege to listen to a brave and inspiring twenty minute monologue by one of three talented actors and been introduced to the worlds of nine characters who I can pretty much guarantee will stay with me forever…and that’s both versions of them…on top of that I’ve got to spend time with some of the most inspiring, creative and talented young people I know and work alongside the brilliant team I am lucky to have at Yew Tree…it’s not hard to see why I’m more than sad that it’s all over…

Luckily there is a little ray of light visible to combat the loss I feel at the end of the run…in a little over two weeks I get to witness the whole adventure again…which is enough to make the tiredest of artistic directors smile…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...