Hiya, I’m Emma, and I’m from the Crimson Company. This is my first ever blog, so it’s all a bit exciting… I’m not going to talk about my week at Yew Tree. Instead, I’m going to talk about my year at Yew Tree!

I’ve been attending Yew Tree since I was a very tiny tot and I love it very muchly. As I said, I’m part of the Crimson Company on Saturday afternoons. After a busy build up to Christmas, we had a bit of a breather and played a lot of games. Now we’re working on a piece called Fragments. The script is really thought provoking; I think we’ll be able to do loads with it!

Last December I auditioned for this year’s Connections play, Sparkleshark. It was quite nerve wracking, what with it being my first Connections play ever…but I have made friends with some fantastic Yew Tree-ers that I otherwise wouldn’t have even met. The cast have become almost a little company of their own, I can’t describe the supportiveness of it.

Sparkleshark itself is a really funny play - if you don’t already have tickets, make sure you get some! It’s genius. In Sparkleshark, I play Phia (a screamy, shouty, demanding little sister), and I am really enjoying it. What better excuse to be so loud! As the play is double cast, it’s interesting to see other people’s take on your character. Sometimes having another perspective on it makes things seem clearer, and it has helped me a lot in terms of characterisation.

Oh! I, along with a couple of others, am doing Karamazoo, which is a twenty minute monologue that is a play within itself. I am enjoying the chance to act a complete range of emotions, even though the script is huge. Eight pages. It’s mammoth, absolutely massive. Someone said ‘It’s like memorising the bible…’ and I suppose it’s not far from it. However, last night, I had a major breakthrough! I managed to get through an entire run through with no prompt ALL BY MYSELF! It didn’t just make my day, it made my life. Not even exaggerating.

While I’ve got the chance, I’m just going to say a huge well done to everyone who performed and helped and attended and was remotely a part of Open Mic Night 5. It was spectacular, thoroughly enjoyable, and great to see how multitalented everyone is at Yew Tree.

And still while I’m here, big up to Yew Tree in general. Everyone is fab. Thank you, Yew Tree, for everything you do. It’s a lovely little family! ‘Yew Tree ‘til I die, INNIT!’

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...