What a brilliant night Sunday was...

It’s the final set of Open Mic Night 5…the evening has been truly magical…well worth all the preparation over the days and weeks before…and the clearing up that will need to be done the following day…all through the evening I have been wowed and humbled by the extraordinary talent on display…every one of the performers did something of such hight calibre...I have seen people in new lights and I have appreciated how other performers have developed; their talents grown hugely since the last time I heard them sing or watched them perform...

Then Charlotte Scott steps up to the Mic…now I knew a little of what was coming…I’d been lucky enough to watch her sound check…but others had a surprise in store…so she’s standing there…this person who I have never heard sing, who I didn’t even know could sing…and as the technical kinks are sorted she’s looking pretty nervous…but once the introduction starts to play her demeanor shifts and all of a sudden there’s this performer standing there…this confident, assured performer singing a difficult song beautifully…it took my breath away…I was so proud of her and so proud of the community that makes hearing such a thing possible…performances like that only happen when the person feels confident that what they offer to an audience will be valued…

So yeah…Open Mic Night was amazing and we’re already starting to plan number 6… but it’s worth noting that it was amazing both because of the performers that offered out their voices and because of the people who watched so appreciatively…thank you Yew Tree Youth Theatre…you’re pretty brilliant as it goes…

Oh and by the way if you were unlucky enough to miss it you can view videos of the performance by cutting and pasting the following into your web browser… http://www.youtube.com/user/yewtreeyt?feature=mhw4#g/u

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...