Too Fast

I’ve just got back from a Young Theatre Makers rehearsal and I’m suffering from a sense of time moving too quickly…the performance is in less than a week, which means that the performance at St George’s is less than a week away and it means that the play I’ve directed for the West Yorkshire Playhouse is just around the corner and Nostell is just around the corner after that and…and…and…arghhhhhhhh!!!!

Maybe I’m just bitter as it seemed like my lovely birthday was over far too quickly…or maybe it’s that the accomplishments of a productive rehearsal are immediately overshadowed by the reality of all the other things I need to do as soon as I step into the house/office but whatever is the catalyst things seem to be racing away from me and although I know that really they’re mostly under control its easy to feel like I’m being assaulted by the velocity of time speeding past me…

Because of all of that this week’s youth theatre sessions have been a delight because they’ve been predominantly all about play…in Sapphire we’re playing with the story of Jack in the Beanstalk and surprisingly their Christmas show script will be done by the end of this week go onnnn Sapphire…in Orange we just played…no creative task just a ridiculous amount of games as a reward for being brilliant in Oliver and at Gold the level of play was enhanced to borderline anarchy…still it felt like a balance was being restored from the demanding performance constraints we’d been under…

No rest for Black though…lines to learn…props to gather…schedules to meet…YTM and then Nostell…such entirely different projects…still the opportunities for development and fulfilment within them are worth it I reckon…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...