Jess Moore everyone...hurray for Jess...just generally...

So Dee very kindly offered me up for this week’s blog... but seen as though I’ve never done one the whole time I’ve been at Yew Tree it is about time I manned up ha. So I woke up thinking I would like to stay in bed all day but I got up anyway and I’m glad! For one the snow has affected all sessions so far with its presence so I was having yew tree withdrawal symptoms and two, Yew Tree always makes you feel better.

We were working on The Worn out Shoe’s and even though we were like half a cast down it’s probably the smoothest run we’ve done in time. And it made me excited to perform it! I don’t think you would get a chorus anywhere like the chorus we have… stepping in for parts brilliantly and not at all affecting the run. Ed & Alice’s scene was brilliant today, the relationship between them is so good and neither part would be as strong without the other. I’d probably be here all day if I listed all the positives about the piece, but one thing I’m definitely pointing out is the bolero. Dancer or non dancer I think it’s the bit we all worried we wouldn’t pull off but each week it’s got better and you can tell everyone’s given it thought in between rehearsals. I think its going to look visually brilliant on stage at Castleford, which reminds me I need to tell my mum to ring for tickets. I’ll do that now Ha!

So yeh, full cast next week (hopefully), completely off script. And it should be there. It’s going to be brilliant. It’s got such a good balance of comedy and non comedy ha… that was awful way to end a blog so I’ll end it with - book tickets… it will be worth it! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...