Danny Southern it appears has the last word

Merry Christmas Yew-Tree-ers!!! Well this is a tad late but I thought that perhaps my blog can be a xmas prezzie from me to yew (see what I did there??).

Sapphire company = legends. Omg they were fantastic on tuesday and wednesday!! No fluffed up - or if they did, it was really well covered up and best of all... THE AUDIENCE LAUGHED!!!!!

The princesses were amazing with one person from the audience calling Alanya "a right little star in the making" and Ross as "sheer genius". Everyone was EXCEPTIONAL! The princesses flowed quickly and efficiently but most of all, they projected - get-in!! I've got to say, I was utterly impressed with Heather, Darcie and Faye who all were just plain class. All the princesses made me feel proud to be part of yew tree an see how all their characters have developed from way back ages ago to the well thought out masterpieces delivered on stage.

I LOVED Milly, Tilly and Lily! They actually made me lol - and nearly a tiny bit of wee too... Reg is a leg. What more can I say?? Jack just made the character come to life with brilliance. Pip and Poppy (on both nights) were fantastic and magnificent and just any other extended synonyms of 'good'. They never once lost their way (well unless they did and hid it very well!!!) and kept the 'unorganised organisation duo' delivering their witty-ness-ness. As for Cory, well both Tom and Sam were the pure essence of comedy gold. The comical timings were bang on and both peeps gave the character a new edge, and therefore a whole totally new personality.

The king and queen blew me away. Laura Staggsy Staggs is a beast of a hippy queen, but Jake, ugh, blummin heck!! I think wee may have indeed entered my shoe at this point - he always gets me at "colourful words and impeccable grammar"!! What a guy...

As for Grendle, the McInator was the best thing I've ever seen!! The cackle and wave is just plain hilarious and was having to bite my hand to stop laughing at this point! Kate (played by Holly) owned the stage and looked as if she was just enjoying every second up there. I wish I had her confidence!!

Michael and Olena just completed the story with every single detail of their character carefully planned out and well developed. The reactions and the rapport between them just seemed to draw the audience's emotions out. In a word, they were: perfect. There's no other way to describe them. The amount they had to learn and yet, they were always focussed, always delivering and always amazing.

Now what can I say about the narrators?? Hmm?? Were they brilliant?? Were they fandabidosy?? I think so- hahahaaa!! Ben made a brilliant return to his role of Edward this year. Despite having a few setbacks on certain words in rehearsals (like "snappity" and "resentful"), the boy pulled it off!! And as for new-narrator Kate, what can I say, except that she managed to fit in with the damn craziness between elliot and his brother.

I can honestly say that I am extremely proud to be part of a team of such wonderful people. Have a fantastic year. Cant wait for next session!!

All the best, Danny S

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...