Hey blog readers, Amy T here blogging my Yew Tree filled day. Saturdays are becoming a more productive day for me which I'm quite pleased with. The morning starts with Gold company as always which is a treat, especially now we are joined by some lovely members of Orange company too to complete our Christmas show. Let me tell you, if these guys continue as they're doing so far, the next generation of Yew Tree Youth Theatre will be marvellous.
Oh, and I won't forget to mention the sneak preview of a piece written entirely about hair. That wasn't something you see everyday. However, with Great Gatsby references, how could it ever be wrong? Very funny and very well thought about. Two ticks...
A Christmas Carol! Run throughs really give you a chance to look at the whole play and the pace of everything which can be ridiculously helpful for rearranging and perfecting. We did that great also, if I do say so myself. What I love about double cast is that two people can bring such different light to a character, which makes it work in various ways. I think giving two people the opportunity to mould their own character works extremely well, because it, 1, mixes it up a little, and 2, lets us as a company see different elements to a character. All in all, Gold are being Gold. (And in Yew Tree lingo that means incredibly spot on as per usual. G'warn.)
Speaking of seeing a whole script in perspective, round of applause for the connections read through of 'The Wardrobe'. The writer, Sam, had changed the script slightly but we were all able to explore the new scenes and adapt the original ones with new names to suit us. We haven't even started the scenes yet but I have a sneaking suspicion that this will be great. Besides the play itself being written so well, the team of actors behind it are more than ready to do it justice. Myself being one of these people. From Elizabeth of York right up to where we are now; I am more than exited.
Have a wonderful Sunday, Amy T x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...