Hello, Hannah from Sapphire here! Sarah asked me to blog this week, probably because I sent her an extremely excited message about costume and knowing lines and happiness and just the amazingness that is Rumplestiltskin. Which is our play! Those of you who read this blog often will know that by now, and well, to those of who visiting this blog for the first time... WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?! You've been missing out! But, yay, you're here now!
So, this week at Sapphire, it was our first rehearsal officially off script. You wouldn't believe the faces of us who were so worked up and nervous about this... Like babies without our security blankets! But working without our faces buried a thousand miles into our scripts really helped us to think more deeply about the staging of our performance, concentrate on our space awareness, and the whole gestures and expression dimension to our play.
Okay, so a couple of sessions ago I was a terrible person and missed two sessions for a little thing called Shakespeare School Festival and from flying home from holiday, leaving me without a Yew Tree session for 3 weeks! I'm not going to lie, I started to have withdrawal symptoms! I definitely missed it. So this session was my first try at our final scenes, and I absolutely adore them. Personally, I think Brittany's addition of "dolphins" was spectacular, but I'm not sure it will really fit on the night... Hmm. Rehearsing our exits, dances of death and strictly come dancing moments of tension and suspense are all my favourite parts and make the last moments so perfect! I'm prepared to fix doll technical difficulties (hopefully I won't drop him or look like a terrible mother)... I'm hoping my costume will look as good as it sounds in my head and that I won't turn into a nervous wreck and started speaking Spanish rather my lines... But IM JUST SO EXCITED! Plus I know I've got my amazing cast that make Rumplestiltskin great and act each and every role with a thousand percent love and effort and fun and devotion and determination and... Okay, I'm out of good words, but I think you know what I mean. Think that's all my excitement documented.... Bye everyone, good luck with your own plays, I'm sure you'll all be brilliant!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...