Here we go again...

Yesterday’s Shooting Truth rehearsal was an absolute pleasure…I have to admit I went into it with a certain amount of dread…I’ve been burnt a couple of times with reprising the connection show for the…you just need to say the words Jonathan Hopwood, Shut Up and chairs and the resulting shiver of horridness is enough to make me consider giving up directing altogether. There’s a whole challenge when revisiting a production in not trying simply to re-find what was done last time but instead to continue the journey and the discoveries and makes performance that builds on the foundations of the first performances and becomes something even more wonderful…

Anyway…yesterday proved to be not so much of a retracing of steps but a cornucopia of discoveries…a festival of findings and as a result I left the rehearsal utterly inspired and full of things I want to pursue in the final rehearsals for this surprisingly complex play…I say surprising as when I first picked it I thought it was limited and to some extent flawed…but it appears as often the case that it is only limited by our imaginations, effort, creativity and ability. It was magical to watch the character of Sid unlock, the personalities of Jake and Sadie find focus and purpose and each scene find new definition and shape as we infused it with a better understanding…

By the time I left I had a head buzzing with possibilities and a renewed enthusiasm for directing instead of wanting to jack it all in…so cheers cast and cheers Molly Davies and cheers all the lovely events that have conspired to allow me to spend my life doing this…Huzzah for you know life in general…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...