Gemma Whelan with some insights into our script writing day

I love my life, it's busy, relentless, full of creativity and has that much variety it makes a box of foxes family favourites look tame. But like lot of other people so much of what I do in my life is not done for me. Which is a crazy concept when you think about, so much of what we do is for other people, which although there is nothing wrong with that, unless you occasionally stop the world and get off and do something for yourself the world that you live in can become unbalanced.

On Thursday of this week, I metaphysically stepped off the wonderful world of Whelan and took myself off to the script writing day...and what a day it was. At the beginning of the day all I had was a blank page, a collection of pencils and that excited nervousness you feel when your about to embark on something new. By the end of the day I had filled half my writers book with a fresh new idea for a play, complete with scene structures, stories arcs, monologues, dialogue between characters, and a re-kindled passion and belief in my writing. Not bad for six hours work. I should also mention I had writers cramp (you know like when you back after the summer holidays and you've forgotten how to write) and my head was so full it took two cups of earl grey before I could function again.

I have been completely rejuvenated, almost like my writing head (I like the idea of having many heads, it's all a little wurzzle gumage-esqe) has woken from long winters slumber and is very ready for spring. Like my imagination has been spring cleaned.

You might have noticed I've not given away the in's and out's of the day as there is a whisper that the day will be run again on the 31st of May, and if this is true, I'm gonna need a new notebook and some good quality HB pencils at the ready as I will certainly be back for more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...