Sarah's Vacuous Blog...

Here comes one of the most vacuous blogs of my career…(incidentally the blog has now been going for 16 months and I write one a week so that’s a lot of blogs to compare it to…)

Are you ready for it? Well here goes…I liked the round of applause at the end of the Hepworth performance on Thursday…that’s it…see I told you it was vacuous…

I liked it because it was warm and heartfelt…I liked it because it told me that the audience got what the piece was about, that they understood the writing, that they appreciated the performance and that they’d enjoyed the cumulative effects of all of those things combined. I liked it because it was from lots of pairs of hands. It was also enhanced by the acoustics we’d battled to manage vocally in the rehearsals and the performance…I liked it because it was from a mixture of staunch fans and people entirely unfamiliar with our work and I liked it because it was backed up with so many positive words from so many people.

I put writing this off a day as I didn’t think it was a topic significant enough to write a blog about but whenever I thought about it the thing I wanted to write about remained the same…so there you go Sarah’s vacuous blog…not a disclaimer simply a statement of fact…strangely proud of myself actually…and luckily if you want a more detailed account you can read Jack’s significantly more informative blog below…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...