Katie Crookes from the Gold Company has blogged on her work experience experience

Two weeks of Yew Tree and only one word to describe it ... WOW!

I've seen so much of Yew Tree I didn’t even know happened and I have met so many lovely people that are involved. It has challenged me but in good ways and has been an absolute pleasure to get to do work experience here :)

Well it all started with me holding a boom but by the end of it i had the confidence to run a game < really proud! and actually its really difficult and quite scary.

During the 2weeks I've heard and seen things that have made me think in different ways and see things from other views and learnt so much more about myself and just learnt things in general.

Now I will list some of the highlights of the past 2 weeks first starting with Ruby Company they are mental but so much fun, performing “ You Will Go Far”, meeting Green and Black company, watching “The Bear Hunt” which was just absolutely brilliant! I also watched a number of different rehearsals which have been quite funny, I helped mop Sarah Thomas, I went and watched a training day and I answered the office phone which made me feel all grown up!! I did all this plus much much more, every second of work experience has been worth it!

I have also spent lots of time with the some of the people leaving Gold Company on Saturday, which is nice as after the weekend I may never see some of them again but I've had some really good laughs with them this week and sad times like when Rob had to say bye to Carleton.

I don’t know how Sarah, Danny, Gemma and the others do it as I'm absolutely shattered but really couldn’t think of a better way to finish year 10. Yew Tree = AMAZING!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...