Kate is this weeks blogster upholding the tradition of the work experience youth theatre member being responsible for the guest blog...


Well... I really don’t know where to start in explaining how much I’ve enjoyed work experience this week. Hang on, before I go on I need to say; Yew Tree is amaaaazing! And thanks to all of Yew Tree, my week has been a week to remember.

I’ve spent most my week visiting schools, primarily with Sarah and Danny who I have to say are so helpful and enthusiastic in everything they do and they have made me really enjoy my week. Visiting the schools, which has been very interesting and meeting many year 6’s who I’m sure will reach their potential with their motivation and personalities. The experience of working with young pupils has given me a great insight in what I may like to do as a future career.

The amount of enthusiasm and energy that Yew Tree continuously has has inspired me from the day I started the Youth Theatre on Monday nights. Each workshop and performance we have done this week had been full of entertainment and packed with fun. I can now appreciate the amount of effort the Yew Tree leaders put in to make each second so enjoyable and amusing and to create such a positive, successful theatre company.

Joining the Sapphire Company on Monday nights has been a brilliant decision, even though I was sooo nervous at first, the extremely friendly, welcoming members instantly made me feel like part of the group. It always gives me that push of energy after having a ‘ugh it’s Monday’ feeling all day.

We recently watched the performance of ‘Getting Through’...unbelievable. I was so pleased I got to see the performance again on Thursday night at the launch of ‘Getting Through’ because it gave me a broader idea of what the performance was about and it was without a doubt one of the most inspirational plays I have seen as it referred to typical real life situations which gently amused me.

Anyhow, the main thing that I want to say is thank you to everyone at Yew Tree, especially Sarah and Danny who have guided and helped me through the week and have scheduled my work experience. You’ve made it so memorable and I’ve have many giggles along the way as well as learning a lot of useful information and gaining experience that will come in handy in the future and I’ve definitely benefited from this week of work experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...