And Holly has blogged about the summer preparation for the Christmas shows...

So just before the term finished we started devising our Christmas plays, and this is something I look forward to every year cause it's something that you can see being worked out, and there's an end product which is always amazing. I've done 2 of these Christmas plays now, and the first time I did it, I loved how the company got input. The plays that I'd been involved in before always consisted of being given a script, learning your lines, and then performing it - which was great don't get me wrong - but there's always a personal touch to Yew Tree Christmas plays. Things you came up with one session and which made you laugh cropping up in your script or ideas that you felt really proud of being put in ha :) That's what I love.

Last year I did Beauty and the Beast with the Sapphire company and it was just one of the best things I've done and probably the most productive... My confidence improved loaads and I started to just really enjoy performing and also started to see things in more detail, like how much more you can bring to a character if you reeally think about it. There was one set of lines that proper gave me trouble though. Like, no matter how much I tried to learn them, it wouldn't stick..and thats one of the most annoying things EVER. That was the most challenging thing I think, the rest was pretty easy going. It also made me realise that if you enjoy the people you're working with, you enjoy the project you're working on more. This year I'm gunna try and go straight into learning my lines and hopefully that'll give me a bit more time to persevere with any problem causers :l It makes me sad that this is gunna be my last Christmas play with Sapphire, but I know that it'll be a really enjoyable term :D

The Gold company play is gunna be mint too, gives me an opportunity to work with older and more experienced people which'll hopefully improve my skills :)

I can't wait to start rehearsals for the Princess and the Pea, and I'm dead looking forward to doing my first performance with the Gold company :D
Thanks for readinggg :)
Hollyyy xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...