Emma blogs about her guest visit to the Black Company...

Hello Yew Tree! Emma Fretwell here, again. I feel like I blog a lot, even though I don’t really. On Thursday evening, I went to the Black Company session to do the read-through of Alien, because the 14-17 Nostell Priory summer school won’t be running and there was a part that couldn’t be filled in Alien…So I’m filling it. And I couldn’t be happier that I am! The session was mental. In my life I have never experienced a more passionate game of Mafia. Oh, the paranoia... hahaa.

Anyway, Alien: it’s brilliant. Hilariously funny and just a farce all ways around, Alien is possibly the most bizarre (and fantastic) script I have ever read. However, aside from the fact that an alien just happens to land in Nostell Priory and wreak havoc, the play is illuminating in terms of human nature and, if you choose to take it for more than face value, rather thought provoking! What’s more, I think everyone should definitely come and watch it. Just saying. Just a suggestion. But you really had better come and watch it, because I know where you all live… NOSTELL PRIORY, 7PM, FRIDAY, BRING YOUR OWN DECK CHAIRS/ RUGS! Pleaaase.

Aaaand I’d like to thank the Black Company for being lovely on Thursday! :)
X

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...