Merv writes about Giselle rehearsals

Joining this cast I was able to be part of one of the most powerful performances I have ever been in. I am so grateful for the opportunity to join this intense and dark performance and because it is different from other performances that I usually do, it made me more determined to go ahead and be a part of this. When it comes to dancing I am not that experienced, however I feel that I will benefit a lot from this performance, because it is not entirely dancing, rather a mix with physical theatre.
The rehearsals were exciting, and what really challenged me was creating a duet with Amy from scratch. I found this such a good involvement because I was able to show what I could ‘bring to the table’ and being able to create a dance sequence that I am really proud of with a dancer, really made me think that dancing is something that I would love to carry on in the future, as I was unsure whether I would have the skills needed, however joining this performance proved me wrong and I guess it is one of them ‘you don’t know until you try it’ moments.
Something that I liked about this performance, was our input was also important. From choosing the songs to crafting sequences we were able to chip in any ideas we had. The freedom when creating the duet, I found useful, because we could create a duet that would show the story from our interpretation of the song, which I found fun and exciting to do. The people around me made me feel right at home and comfortable, and having another male performer there with me also made me feel more comfortable. I don’t think I can explain in words how wonderful and fun this performance is!
It would be a shame if you missed it, so I strongly suggest you come and watch it. You can see the hard work from everyone that has gone into this performance. It is such a strong performance that people will be talking about it for ages, and you don’t want to be the odd one out…. Trust me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...