A blog from the very excellent Emma Prime!

At Gold Company this week everyone was picking their costume for "The A to Z of Shakespeare." I am not doing the performance but I am watching and seeing how it is all coming together. When everyone was trying on the costumes and seeing which fitted best it was like an explosion of Shakespearean clothes. There were clothes everywhere. Everyone looks amazing in their costumes. Then they went over the last few letters of the alphabet so everyone knew what they were doing. They then did a run through from start to finish. I thought it was good already but it was even better with costumes. Watching it has given me ideas and things I can use for other performances that I wouldn’t have thought of. It is nice just watching and seeing how it has come alive and how people’s ideas have gone into it. Also if one idea doesn’t quite work change 1 or a couple of things and it works. I like it how it changes for something like Murder to Nonny Nonny which is just a silly song that doesn’t mean anything. The Nonny Nonny song tune is very catchy. I couldn’t say what my favourite bit is of A to Z of Shakespeare but I like the throne, the funny walks, the insults and Ellen when she goes on about how much she hates Juliet. I just like it all.
Thanks Emma x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...