Beth is the second...

I think it is quite difficult to find words which describe how exciting, scary and brilliant it was to perform with Yew Tree at Wakefield Theatre yesterday. As those who read my other blog would know, I was performing with Crimson a piece of writing which was written partly by Gemma and partly by Tiff (and if any of you have had the privilege to read their writing, you will know how great It felt to be able to perform it).
The long day started at 10 am. Costume: check. Food supplies: check. Full functioning voice: check. I have to say Wakefield Theatre was a bit bigger than I had anticipated, but I wasn't going to let it scare me...too much anyway.
I loved being able to watch black company perform their technical rehearsal, first.They work as a unit and perform with so much conviction, it's hard to take your eye off their performance. I have to say I particularly like the opening physical theatre sequence.
It was our turn next and it felt surreal to perform on such a big stage. I think that everyone managed to cope quite well, to say it was our first time on that stage.
Gold were also brilliant and very funny! If somebody was to tell me that they could tell me so much detail about the history of theatre in just 15 minutes I wouldn't have believed them. But they did and it was great! The Greek chorus was my favourite part because it would go from one person talking to them all joining in on different words.
Whilst everyone went home or enjoyed trips into town, I was lucky enough to stay and watch the dancing. I particularly enjoyed watching this because I have two left feet; so it's always really enjoyable when you can watch other people who are really good at dancing!
The run through went really well and I enjoyed watching the performances again because you notice something, or someone, different to last time and it makes you understand the performance even more.
The nerves started kicking in before the audience started to arrive because I think that it was the biggest audience I had ever performed in front of, but everyone went out there and gave it their all; so all the hard work paid off!
Thank you Yew Tree for yet another great performance and the opportunity to watch so many talented actors and dancers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...