Lucy Tranter sent me this on Friday and it made my day, she gave me permission to put it up as a blog...


I’ve been meaning to write this for a while, because I keep having these feelings of massive appreciation. I love Yew Tree. Like, properly genuinely honestly love it.
All these horrible feelings I have when I'm sat on my own at home, none of them matter when I'm at Yew Tree. Well, it’s not that they don’t matter, but the atmosphere you’re in makes it so easy to forget all about them. You get to get out of the house and you go and you listen to everyone’s stories of what’s happened to them in their week in Best and Worst, and then you laugh and you have fun and you get to create beautiful things. You get to be motivated and inspired and pushed out of your comfort zone but in the most wonderful environment.
People outside of Yew Tree find it hard to believe how close we all are and when I try to explain it there’s no other way of saying it than “Yew Tree’s like a second family to me”. And it is, but not just to me, to everyone. And it’s an amazing feeling to know that you have all these people that are like your brothers and sisters and best friends all rolled into one, people that would love you and support you and be by your side no matter what.
I've been going to Yew Tree for going on 5 years now and I've never felt luckier to have it in my life. I love the people and the atmosphere and what we do and I'm so grateful that I went along to my first session all those years ago.
I just really really love Yew Tree and wanted to put it down in writing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...