And our final guest blog is by Michael Brown!

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to my blog. This particular blog is focus’ on one thing we all know and love… Me.
I am of course joking; this blog is about Christmas, more specifically Yew Tree Christmas (The best kind).

I think I’ll start by once again congratulating everyone in Yew Tree for doing so well in the Christmas performances. ‘Round of applause’
It just reminds you how talented young people can be. I however did not get the pleasure of viewing any of the other performances on the actual night as for the fist time I was in three of the Christmas shows. That’s a lot of shows. I did however get to watch some during the all-day tech rehearsal which was a joy. The tech always makes me feel Christmassy. Anyway after the experience of the Christmas shows another Yew Tree year was over… Oh, wait… What’s that? There’s still the morning games session?
Well that’s not half bad is it?

And so a short while passed and we found our selves at Thornes Park once again, ready to plunge into a plethora of delightful Yew Tree games and creative tasks. (A personal favourite of mine was adapting films into minute long pieces). Oh, how I love Yew Tree games. So the morning game session was a delight and a cheeky Nandos afterwards was just what ya need. Anyway after the experience of the morning games session another Yew Tree year was over… Oh, wait… What’s that? There’s still OMN 9?

Well that’s not half bad is it?

And with the game session over it was time to focus on the next task, Open Mic Night. It seems to have become a tradition of sorts for me and Mr Budenberg to perform a song on stage for the entertainment of you fine people. How hard can it be; to learn the words to a song and dance around on stage to it? The answer… Very. An immense amount of planning goes into what you see on stage, hours and hours of rehearsals, sorting cues, dance moves, timing and above all the singing part. It’s not all fun and games, granted we do have a habit of playing Fifa when we should be rehearsing but still…

Anyway, after a back breaking amount of time rehearsing the song the night arrives. It’s time to set off to Henry Boons. Now I don’t know if it’s just me, but the second I step in there it feels like Christmas. People are laughing and just generally having a nice time.

So after getting aquatinted, the performances begin and myself and James are first up again. I kind of enjoy being first up and kicking off the night. For those of you who weren’t there me and James performed Jennifer Saunders rendition of ‘Hero’, used in the soundtrack of Shrek 2. And I think it went rather well. People enjoyed and laughed, so I think I’ll call it mission accomplished. And afterwards I got to sit back and enjoy performances by many talented people. Not a bad way to spend a Thursday night if we’re honest.

Just like that, another Yew Tree year comes to an end. It’s been a good year. Looking back on it I’ve done an awful lot of stuff. Connections, Kendal, Flock to Osset, Work experience, Christmas shows, Nostel, Halloween at Nostel, and countless best and worst’s. I’m probably missing some but that’s just off the top of my head.

But you know what the best part of it is? I’m doing it again next year.

Until next time.

X

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...