Pleased and Proud...


Pleased and proud are words I get to use a lot as they are reactions I get to feel a lot…I make a conscious effort not to take any of the times I say/feel them for granted as I know there are some unfortunate people who don’t have an equivalent of YTYT in their life…this blog is going to recognise two of the times it has happened this week…

Picture the scene – it’s Thursday at 5.45 – the last Orange Company session of the spring term.  A selection of parents are waiting in the room, at least one for every member of the 22 strong company.  We’ve been working on a little piece for about three weeks.  Once we’re sure that everyone is there that needs to be there is there we’re off.  The actors aged 6 – 11 years old perform with discipline, enthusiasm and flair – a credit to Yew Tree and of course their proud families.  At the end of their performance there is rapturous applause and a real buzz of goodwill, I revel in it, it’s the best feeling.

The second scene is very different.  ASDA Saturday afternoon at the checkouts as YTYT does bag packing.  I have my list of people who said they would come and as I’m checking people in and out I realise that 6 companies of the youth theatre are there…giving up their free time…for some doing something that doesn’t fit within their comfort zone at all.  I’m hit with a blast of such gratitude that I know the best people…that they value what we do enough to help with something like this…

So as I write this I’m aware the clock is ticking as I need to set off to Open Mic Night 8…another chance to get a kick out of the wonder that is YTYT…but that’s a story for next week’s blog…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...