James Budenburg is our guest blogger...


So I’m going to write a few words on rehearsing for open mic night, I think the hardest part of the whole process was choosing the song, we all knew we wanted to do something boyband related, because we’re mad. So eventually after an hour of you tubing various artists. We had narrowed it down to either chasing cars or no matter what, so looking back I think we chose the right song. 
I think we struggled for the motivation to start with, we couldn’t really get away from the PS3, I mean, put three lads next in a room and I guess we should have expected to waste time on FIFA. It took us a while therefore to get the song on its feet, but once we decided who was singing what it emanated from there, ideas came in from everywhere and it was just a matter of choosing the best ones, saying that though it took us a while to get through the entire song and the routine didn’t get put to it till today.
It was really strange being quite different to the other acts, because of the massive talent of Yew Tree we knew we were aiming for laughs, but we also knew we had to not become self-indulgent of the whole thing, otherwise we would end up with the wrong atmosphere. That’s why I think it was a good thing that it came together quite slowly as were never overconfident with it and I can honestly say even though I made a mistake half way through, I’m seriously proud of us all and I’m trying to think how we up our game for next time, cheers guys, everyone was brilliant tonight, just thought I’d say.
See you after the holidays

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...