Best Medicine...


I’ve been ill for over a week now…not with anything worthy of real sympathy…just cursed with a cough and cold that won’t go away…every now and again it pretends it’s going to go and then it changes it’s mind…needless to say I am unhappy with this situation and in my worse moments very miserable indeed…

Last Sunday I was at my worst point…never had I felt so unexcited about an Open Mic Night…I made plans to disappear to my bed half way through and couldn’t imagine getting to the end of it in one piece…a measure of my misery when normally they are the highlight of my year…

Then I heard the sound check, I was simply blown away by people who I had no idea could play and sing, never mind play and sing with such wonderful results…then the audience began to arrive, an audience that would end up being over 100 strong with people from every generation in it, youth theatre members past and present, family, friends, admirers…those that had attended many Open Mic Nights before and those that had come for the very first time…then the performances started…such range, such diversity, such talent, such courage…such joy!

I didn’t go home, I made it to the end of the night very much in one piece, tired but utterly restored…unfortunately it didn’t last but there’s no doubt about it on Sunday night Open Mic Night 8 was the very best medicine I could have had…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...