The lovely Sam from Sapphire...always a pleasure to read...


I am writing this blog because I was tickled, tickled until I collapsed... It took only three seconds. But although mildly interesting I daresay that it may be wise to proceed with my original goal. So here goes, another blog. Not that I have done many.

Inspiration - a word that has evolved from another: enspiren - to fill the mind, heart and soul. This, I feel, is a rather beautiful etymology for such a seemingly plain word. This in itself should inspire and demonstrates an important life lesson: Inspiration is but a key, what you do with this key is up to you, but the more doors you try to open the greater the chance of finding great treasures you have. 

Okay, I think I need to step back a bit. I have just shown my blog up until this point to my family, who don’t really get it... I don’t think I have inspired them.

To put things more simply, inspiration is an amazing thing and is what shapes this world.



Half of Sapphire has been working with the wonderful Jack Iredale with the aim to produce a piece of theatre that has inspiration as the theme. It was truly a pleasure to hear people’s views towards inspiration and their aspirations. We found ourselves talking about more than just meaningless scraps of pointless tosh, or even the equivalent of a particularly nice takeaway put into words. Things said today were diverse in many ways and offered a glimpse into the lives of others, I find myself looking forward to next week.

There Jack, I’ve given you quite a good write up haven’t I? It was inspired by you, be proud of yourself. Notice what I did there? ...Inspired by you? Geddit?

Anyhow, I bit you farewell and until next time... a quick poem... you weren’t expecting that were you?

Inspiration spurs a beauty
As blue as a pale ghost.
Haunting, Inspiration moves me,
Its far from worthy host.
Inspiration often leads me
Late into the night
And there Inspiration feeds me
With its sustaining light.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...