Sam has been generous and blogged for the second week in row


As we break up for Christmas I ponder to myself. What would a week be like without Yew Tree, I daresay that I shall miss Sapphire despite the food, festivities and, if you will excuse my ridiculous use of alliteration that for some reason I just can’t help myself to include, fun I shall find myself missing the hilarity, happiness and hold on a minute there I go again with my stylistic devices.
I have done with alliteration perhaps imagery can be slotted in... I find that Yew Tree is a light at the end of the tunnel that we all call Monday. You could say it is a field sewn with a million seeds, each one ready to burst into its own unique flower. It is a jewellery box of precious gems that are different every time it is opened. Looking at these descriptions, it is clear that this is all very much true.
Have you ever been to a Yew Tree session that has been the same as the last? Each one has its’ own character, personality almost, as if it is a living thing. Each one is planned but it is us, the youth with the guidance of the wonderful Sarah, Danny and Gemma, that shape what happens. Yew Tree roulette is a perfect example, anything could be born from the words and laws set by the slips of paper. And it shows that the mind is both powerful and beautiful.
It is quite amazing what can happen with the right people when they all brought together. What we learn every week boasts pure excellence. We are given the gift of confidence, the gift of friendship, and the gift of imagination. Drama is a skill that helps with all manner of things: Language, the words which sculpt us as humans, that allows communication, which tells us of our present and our past, that predicts our future; Drama has certainly given me confidence, allowed me to bloom as a flower might with the right nutrients. Would I have recited poetry (Please don’t ask) before my year group without Yew Tree? No. Would I have started a band? No. Would I be the person that is sat here writing these (so far) 379 words? No.
So what I could have said with the word “Thanks” I feel is much more meaningful in this form and so I must tell you Sarah, Danny, Gemma, everyone who helps at Yew Tree, you are all amazing people

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...