I'm always gladdened that people that go off to University keep in touch...Hannah is a lovely example of this happy thing...

Thursday didn’t get off to the best of starts: I missed my lecture and then there was a torrential downpour and I had to sit in 3 awkwardly silent seminars. Not a good day. And then it got to 3 pm and uni was over for the week and I could get on with feeling all Christmassy, and more importantly get myself to the Yew Tree Christmas Shows to see Purple, Sapphire, Gold, Orange and Black perform!!
It all kicked off with Purple doing Rudolph the Red nosed Reindeer through mime. And it was brilliant; the little boy who was miming to the song was just too cool in his sparkly waistcoat. And then Sapphire did Jack and the Beanstalk with the world’s most ineffectual mum. My favourite part of that was definitely the magic beans playing the bean game. And I did fear for Jake’s life when he threw himself across the stage. He sooo nearly fell off! And then Gold did Sleeping Beauty, which was a lot darker than the previous 2 performances. I loved the fairies costumes in that and Natalie absolutely smashed it as Lyla the evil fairy. Next were Orange doing T’was the Night before Christmas and they were unbelievably cute in their pyjamas with their teddies and I just wanted to take them home with me. Finally it was Black company’s turn, and they did Robin Hood. The sword fighting was brilliant and I was actually a little bit scared of Tom and Aaron. But it all turned out okay because everyone had enough food for Christmas.
I feel really Christmassy now, despite the fact I’m back in my halls which have no decorations other than my 1 foot tall Christmas tree. It was a brilliant show and everyone did really well, and I hope the Friday was just as good. My Dad watched the last 5 minutes of Robin Hood on the screens outside while he was waiting for me and it said it looked great and that he loved the sword fighting. He could’ve come in and seen the whole of the second half but he didn’t want to intrude so he sat in his car for most of it… I’m now getting excited about coming for the games session on Saturday because I haven’t played any drama games and I really need to. But for now Happy Christmas Yew Tree, you’re all brilliant!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...