Thanks to Ellie Moran for this offering...her blogs are always worth a read...

So, I'm on a smaller computer, I'm on an old version of word. And I'm practically asleep. Despite all this i'm still one hundred percent ready to write a blog.
:)

It's one thing, watching a play and performing in a play, it's another thing going through the process of creating a play. You can start off acting out somebody's script, somebody's creation even though you could never know their full intention of how they saw it happening. I can only imagine that it is not easy for a script writer to always accept easily how other people want to interpret the character they have been set.

When doing a play and learning a script, there are times when I feel ok about how I come across as that character, but there are other times where i can feel utterly dissapointed at what I have done that day. I don't know if it's bravery, confidence, or feeling generally low on that day anyway. But why is it we feel so different about how we come across actresses/actors?

Does it depend on the size of the play? The amount of effort? Or how big and important it is? Connections is my favourite. It's such a massive pleasure, and to be able to get yourself in is all good, but the best part is the process, I love spending that much time on one play, because by the time you get to perform all your hard work, efforts and time, you are ready to let it all out, and you do it to your best potential. I can't wait to start to get ready to audition again this year, I don't even consider asking myself if I have time, if my schedule is too busy or if things are happening... there's no thought to it. It's a 100% yes every year.
I'm also excited for the christmas plays, we are still quite early on in our rehearsals, with lost happy endings in black company, and the worn out shoes at gold company, not forgetting to mention the writers forum for the pleasure of writing for Nostell Priory.

I take it your all going to come watch yes?
I'll watch your's if you watch our's :)
Moran over and out...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...