Rob's farewell blog...

Okay so this is my last blog as a proper youth theatre member and I have no earthly idea how to sum up my time at Yew Tree. All I can say is that if I had realised what would have happened when I joined Yew Tree I would have done it a lot sooner.

I have genuinely had the best years of my life here; Yew Tree has shaped me into the person I am today and I’m incredibly richer for it. It’s made me reflective; it’s given me the ability to think out of the box and to be creative. It’s allowed me to experiment in a safe and confident environment. It’s empowered me and enriched me beyond my wildest dreams. It’s allowed me to laugh, joke and run around like a headless chicken. It’s pushed me to my very limits, testing me and seeing what I am capable of. It’s given me friends for life, friends that have offered so much more than just friendships, friends that have truly been there for me, that have guided me and helped me to be a better person. It’s given me experiences and opportunities I would never have had; it’s educated me on things that would have never crossed my mind. It’s allowed me to push the boundaries that little bit too far and reeled me in on the other side. It’s taken me to different places and many different people; it’s given me purpose and meaning. Try and name me anywhere else on earth that fits that description...It’s not gonna happen mate...

To add to this, one of the most inspiring things that I will take with me into further education; is the dedication that is put into running Yew Tree. Sarah, Oz, Danny and Gemma never stop, they strive for the best and they get the results, they are stunning bunch of people to work with and for. It’s so hard to find an organisation that will give up so much time, subsidise and offer opportunities to young people for next to nothing. My hat goes off to them.
All this sounds horrendously corny but I can’t imagine me being this truthful and heartfelt about anything else, Yew Tree is my home. I’m gonna miss everything that it has to offer but everything it has given me will equip me more than enough for uni.

So yeh am gonna miss everyone stupidly loads, you have all been fantastic and in the words of the great REV its not goodbye...

Thank you for everything Yew Tree

Robert Girgis

Signing off this chapter
x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...