India's farewell blog...

Thursday was my last yew tree session and it is literally the end of an era! I can still remember my first session ten years ago at balne lane library... my dad took my sister and myself along because he wanted us both to come out of our shell as, believe it or not, we were both really shy! And it has done more than that.

When you type in ‘yew tree youth theatre’ on Google, it pops up with “Yew Tree Youth Theatre - Building Confidence & Self-Esteem. The overriding aim of all Yew Tree work is to build confidence and self esteem – the youth theatre is at the heart of that aim. ...” and it really is. I have grown in so many ways, and like I said to Sarah it has shaped me in to the person I am today. I’ve got a lot to thank yew tree for, the opportunities I have been given such as performing at the Leeds playhouse, going to Kendal and just the chance to escape has been amazing.

My favourite game at yew tree is without a doubt; cowboys and Indians :) nowhere plays it as well! And I’ll definitely miss best and worst. Like Jess said on Thursday, I genuinely feel a bit gutted when it’s over! I love just getting lost in other people’s stories and telling my own.

I’ve made some amazing friends at yew tree and I know that when I come back to visit like others I’ll be just as welcomed which is a nice feeling, and it also means I get to now experience it all from the outside and enjoy the magic rather than be a part of it! I can’t wait to see how lost happy endings turns out, it already looks amazing after just one rehearsal and I’m definitely excited to see the next connections play...

although, saying that.. I wish I didn’t have to leave :(

I ♥♥♥ YEW TREEEEEE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...