Third blog of the week...how much are we spoiling our followers this week?...written by none other than Jess Hopwood...her second blog in fact...so top marks to Jess... and anyone who hasn't written one yet feel utterly ashamed

So, I’ve spent the past week doing my work experience with Yew Tree and the first thought that comes into my head when I think back is how much I’ve genuinely enjoyed it. I remember one car journey a few weeks back, when Rob was telling me how much work is put into the running of the Yew Tree Company as a whole; but I still had no real idea about what went on outside the workshops. After spending a morning in the office, taking part in an interview and even just seeing the ‘things to do’ list, I never quite realised the amazing level of work that needs to be done (and is brilliantly done by the Yew Tree team, goes without saying).
Is it a tiring job? Thinking back to the end of the week, the word ‘exhausted’ comes to mind. Saying that, the amount of energy and spirit put into all the workshops from the members and consistently from the leaders is so inspiring that as an assistant, I couldn’t help but to put my best efforts into my work as well.
On Friday afternoon I got a text from my friend saying “work experience is done, I’m finally free!” Turns out, while all my friends were complaining about taking blood from patients or following around lawyers, I was having such a good week with Yew Tree. When I got home on Friday, I had the feeling that I usually get after a performance- you know the ‘oh…that’s it then…’ feeling that will be all too familiar, especially to all you connections performers.
To sum up my ramblings, I can honestly say there was never a moment in the last week with Yew Tree that I haven’t enjoyed. As well as the workshops and tasks; the leaders, assistants and my other work experience colleague were all magic to work with. If i had the chance i'd be more than happy to work with yew tree again. Safe to say I’ve had a top time, and I couldn’t have chosen a better placement, really.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...