Ashleigh Waters...marvelous member of the Sapphire and Gold Companies has been on work experience this week and written this blog

Hi Yew Tree people, well this week I have been on work experience so I have been a part of the side of Yew Tree I don’t usually get to see and it’s been brill. The Aim Higher workshops have been so good and the people have been lovely (Charlotte well done on the performances).
Also, I saw the 15 Minute Hamlets by the Black Company and the modern sonnets by the young writers group at the Shakespeare festival (amazing comes to mind). I was at Open Mic Night (wow), and I have been to Sapphire Youth Theatre, Gold Youth Theatre and visited Eastmoor Youth Theatre – Ruby (fun). I have been at the performance of Silver Company’s ‘Snow White’ (you were fabulous, so much done in 3 weeks) and the first major performance by the Green Company (thumbs up guys) and every single group is so talented and they work together fabulously. Well done to all actors and directors they were all brilliant.
It is ace to be able to get out of the drama studio at school where it has been constant coursework and people get bored rather easily, and see different groups of young people enjoying drama and never tiring because it’s fun.
Work experience has been excellent and I have learnt loads, so thank you to all the Yewtreettes I have encountered throughout the week, you really are inspirational. (wow, how cheesy am I?)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...