Time has definitely been a major factor in my life this week, both at the youth theatre and at Yew Tree (as in all the rest of the stuff I do that isn’t the youth theatre or my family.) The major feature of this factor has been the lack of it…just no time…no time to finish, develop, perfect…and certainly no time to chat and catch up. Chrysalids is almost at its performance week and I feel like we could fill another 6 weeks with rehearsals…equally The Heights is suddenly imminent…our first performance at the West Yorkshire Playhouse…However I’m equally sure we can make the most of the time we have left to produce something of the quality expected from Yew Tree Youth Theatre.

Just this morning doing the Complicite style workshop at Thornes (I’m writing this Saturday afternoon) I wanted 1pm to be pushed back about 2 hours…there was so much more we could have explored…you had presented me with so many ideas that I then wanted to develop…the pieces you created were delightful and deserved more attention…just not enough time…

Time has also made its self felt in a less obvious Yew Tree way in that I’m aware a lot of the youth theatre are trying to balance demands on their time and this juggling of priorities and loyalties takes its toll. To that end I thought I’d just use this opportunity to thank you for the importance you place on the Youth Theatre and your willingness to keep me informed of your clashes and calamities in order that we can sort things out as we go…the time and dedication you give to Yew Tree is not unappreciated and is one of the things that gives our company it’s unique quality…I hope you’re assured that your dedication to us is reflected back at you by the way the artists you work with are equally committed…

Comments

  1. time is my long term enemy. once again a good read... x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...