Jess Hopwood - tHe HeigHts cast member and member of the 17+ group stepped up to the challenge this week...Hurray...

Somebody asked me the question this week, “How do you have the time to revise for your GCSE’s with all the drama and dancing you do?” Looking past all the caffeine and crazy sleeping patterns, it made me realise how absolutely dull my life would be without yew tree. Although admittedly, a fair few maths lessons have been slyly spent learning lines. Since auditioning for connections and moving to the Thursday night group, I’ve found myself becoming more and more involved with yew tree; but I can honestly say that time couldn’t be any better spent. Yew tree sessions are definitely one of the highlights of my week for so many different reasons. As Jamie so rightly put in his blog below, it isn’t just about acting with a group of people; it’s about acting with a group of friends. Before moving into the +17 group I remember thinking, “What if I don’t fit in with everybody?” There are 3 things that spark in my head from remembering that:

1) Yew tree is just one of the few places you can instantly feel welcomed because it’s such a friendly and comfortable environment.
2) The amount my confidence has grown since joining yew tree is masssiiveee.
3) “Fit in” was an odd phrase to use. One of the amazing things about yew tree is that everybody there is so genuinely brilliant and at the same time so different...so yeah, there isn’t really a ‘normal’ as such, to “fit in” to. (Sorry if that’s confusing, my mind works in mysterious ways.)

Coming from a cliquey school, turns out I can definitely appreciate how lovely it is to have a drama group like yew tree. Really, what I was trying to say is that I’ve made some really good friends at yew tree and I have so many other points to make, I could go on and on (see, yew tree really must be quite good mustn’t it) But don’t panic- we’re safe I’m gonna stop right here :)

Comments

  1. Yew Tree is the best place on earth....and last night was mind blowingly AWSOME! My mum, sister and cuz were just in awe....they were very impressed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...