This week the guest blog is by Alice who has I reckon been a member of nearly every session we run...

Hmmm, how to start a blog... earlier this week I was tidying my room and I found yet another old school Yew Tree photograph. I’m at Drury lane library dressed in dungarees and odd shoes playing muddles in the one of Yew Tree’s first Pantomimes.
I sat and thought about how much the youth theatre has changed in the 9 years that I’ve been there and how it’s grown and become so successful. This thought was renewed on Thursday when I was at the 17+ group and I did a double take as I spotted Kate who I knew from ‘old school yew tree’. She said after about 10 minutes that I ‘haven’t changed a bit’.
Yew Tree has influenced me in so many ways and taught me thousands of things that GCSE and A-Level drama don’t scratch the surface of – this is one of things that make it unique. A young person can take as little or as much from a session as they wish.
However it’s not just about the drama, it’s about the friendships and the laughs and wow I sound cheesy...
So yeh I’m proud to be a part of such a unique and welcoming environment :)
I’m over the word count so...cheers

Comments

  1. ahh 'old school yew tree' lol it's so weird to think about the early days! x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...