Strangely, for a very happy and fulfilled person, very rarely do I get a moment of pure artistic fulfilment. Most of the time I’m pleased in general terms and delighted by particular aspects of a performance but there is always something I’d like to have another go at…a slight alteration I’d like to make, another set of notes before a final run of a production. Not so last night…last night I had a breath taking moment of pure artistic fulfilment…thanks to a cast of committed and talented actors, a great venue and a unique team of wonderful support…including my assistant director, my Yew Tree artists, the theatre staff and last but certainly not least the invaluable and irreplaceable Oz. It felt great and I still have a warm glow about it, slightly tinged now with a hint of sadness as I say goodbye to tHe HeigHt’s.

The great thing about my job is that after a very short break (did I tell everyone I have West End tickets for next week?) I get to start all sorts of creative journeys all over again…A Christmas Carol and Beauty and the Beast go into the devising process, two versions of 15 minute Hamlet go into rehearsal and Maybe This Time heads towards performance. I wonder what fulfilment will be found in those journeys…after last night I have high expectations…

Comments

  1. "after last night I have high expectations…"

    ......oh god.

    :-|

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me immensely happy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...