Matthew's 2022 Blog

 My time at Yew Tree has been one of the best experiences of my entire life, to say the least.  Not only has it given me new skills, new friends, and new opportunities, it has also given me the ability to express myself in new ways.  

 

One of the most memorable things I have done this Year at Yew Tree was become a member of Sapphire Company.  It was in Sapphire Company that I got to Perform in “ The Dark Fairy,” where I played the role of Percy the Knight.  This was my favourite Yew Tree performance so far as I got to rap and sing along with my friends.

 

Throughout this year I also took part in The Miners’ Memorial Service for the second time, which I enjoy because it allows me to discover an aspect of our community’s history which is not always as deeply explored in school as other parts of our history.  I also had the opportunity to take part in the “Wakefield Big Conversation” which provided me with new experiences at Yew Tree, as we got to perform in Wakefield Town Hall in front of important members of the community.

 

Recently I have joined Connections, a much larger production than I have ever taken part in, and it has given me the opportunity to meet and perform with so many talented actors from different companies within Yew Tree.  My time so far with Connections is giving me some of the strangest, yet most exciting experiences with Yew Tree, and I am looking forward to the many years to come.

Matthew.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...