Alex's 2022 Blog

 

This year at Yew Tree certainly hasn’t gone as I intended it to, but its been memorable.

I started the year in Yellow company, where I met some incredible actors and took time to work on my own skills. Unfortunately, I left before the show started to take shape. However I am glad that I participated in selecting the theme for the performance. After the February half term I decided to take the leap and move up to Sapphire company – Its undoubtedly one of the best decisions I’ve made. I got involved with the play almost instantly and was given the part of the Muse of Costume in ‘Live at the Apollo’. I absolutely loved the role and I greatly enjoyed being a part of the cast.

When the summer holidays ended I realised that I wanted to do more in Yew Tree and volunteered for the Miners Memorial service and the Big Conversation. These casts were very diverse and discovered my love of acting by performing with actors who had years more experience than me. I feel like I truly belonged in those shows and I was delighted when the Big Conversation was filmed.

In early November I started taking LAMDA classes which I regret not taking earlier. Our Christmas show, Snow Day, has become my all-time favourite show because I feel like I can truly resonate with the characters. I am proud of how far Yew Tree has come over the last 12 months and I hope it only gets better in 2023

Alex

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...