We are half way through our Christmas blogs with still many delights to share...today's blog is from Maddie who casts her mind back to our wonderful fortune in being invited to perform at the National Theatre in London!

This year has brought me so many opportunities and thanks to Yew Tree, has been one of the best years of my life. The Yew Tree team are absolutely incredible human beings and i am blessed to be part of such a wonderful company! One of my highlights from this year would have to be NT Connections. Performing Ceasefire Babies has really helped me stretch as an actor performing the home performances first and then the regional and we all thought that was the end to an amazing journey, but it didn’t stop there. We got the amazing news that we had picked to go to the National Theatre in London and perform our version of Ceasefire Babies! How amazing!!! When the day had come we all got the train down to London, had a lovely picnic, watched the Connections show that night then it was time to get some rest for the big day, performance day. After a few rehearsals it was time for costume and I can whole heartedly say I was in love with my costume! Not forgetting the wig. I never thought I’d be able to part with my flares, it took some doing. As I played two parts in the show, towards the end I had a massive quick change which was about 30 seconds to get from modern day clothing into 1970s clothing. It was such a struggle especially in the runs where I didn’t quite make it on stage in time because that’s when panic starts to kick in. Luckily in the performance, I made it on with a few seconds to spare. I couldn’t of done it without the amazing costume team at the National. They were honestly super humans and I still to this day can’t thank them enough. To round the year off, we did our annual christmas shows. This year i was lucky enough to be part of Gold as well as Black company. Black company was a highlight of the show as it included us having to Waltz and we brought in a previous Strictly professional to teach us. That workshop will always hold a special place in my heart. I’ve had the best year at Yew Tree and i couldn’t be more grateful and happy to be part of this wonderful company! Here’s to 2019 and everything it holds!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...