Today's Christmas blog shows a parents perspective on YTYT which is always a joy! Thank you Gillian!
I'm a parent of a Yew Tree member who started off with Sapphire company. She's now in Gold company and loves it so much she has started volunteering for a lot of the extra projects like the Miner’s Memorial Service which this year was in Pontefract. Everyone in this was good from the youngest to the oldest and they did it again at the National miner’s museum this month. I've noticed a big difference over the years in that she has gained confidence and can learn her lines well and loves to perform in front of an audience without getting stage fright. I enjoy all the shows that Yew tree perform especially the most recent ones which were the Xmas shows at the Phoenix Theatre where all the companies get to perform. Lauren has volunteered for next year’s Connections show for the first time so I’m looking forward to seeing my first connections show. Lauren enjoys dance and drama so much, she’s even doing a performing arts course at College.
I know how hard it is to learn lines as I used to go to the adult group, Silver company, when it was going. I learned a lot about drama/acting when I went. Everyone who goes to Yew Tree are very good and learn their lines well and are all very clear when they speak in the shows. 
Well done to Sarah and Gemma for their continued success with Yew Tree Youth Theatre and will look forward to 2019.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...