10 year old Joe is our blogger today who walked into YTYT at the start of November and bravely on stage at the start of December!

On my first evening at Yew Tree everyone was really friendly and I felt able to join straight in. I was given a part as soon as I said that I wanted to go back and immediately felt a part of the group. I was excited for the next week as I enjoyed it so much. Playing the warm up games made it so much fun and I really enjoyed joining in with rehearsals for the performance. Sarah was very kind and welcoming. 

We rehearsed for our Christmas performance every week after that and had a dress rehearsal on the stage which was quite exciting. I was a fox. Then it was time for the real performance and it was even more exciting. I was a bit nervous at first but it was really fun to show everybody what we had learnt. I felt proud of our performance. The older members who help are very helpful and kind. Seeing their performances too was fun as we got to see what other members had produced and how we might be in the future. 

I’m really looking forward to joining in with the LAMDA classes next year and taking the exams. When I’m older I would like to be an actor as my job.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...