Dec is our reluctant but more than capable guest blogger this week

So basically it's my turn to blog this week and well let’s just say normally when Sarah asks someone to be guest blogger I normally hide away in fear but I guess there no escaping this one.
This week has been like no other, busy but it’s also been different and way out of my comfort zone. A couple of weeks ago Sarah asked me if I would be part of a play which would be performed to year 12s at Brighouse 6 form. The performance was called “The Difficult Choice?" which is a modem day version of the story, the parable of the Good Samaritan. So Wednesday morning was interesting we ended up with a broken car window before we even left Sarah T’s. The performance was about a group of girls who went to a party and one of the girls had to leave the party which ended up in her getting into to trouble with some lads. The performances all went well but the thing which I was mostly worried about was the workshop afterwards. I think everyone thinks I’d be great at communicating with new people let’s just say it struck me as a challenge. First of all Sarah asked the college students to rank the characters in different situations for example “who would you trust the most?” let’s just say me and Tom seemed to always be near the bottom of the rank. I enjoyed the performances mainly because it was something I had never done before. 
On a Thursday I attend Black company which is also interesting and enjoyable. This term we are doing a play called “Maybe this time” which is set in America 1920’s which consists of typical gangsters themes. I am play Carlo Gambiani the leader of the Gambiani family and also the owner of the bar which the play is set in. This week we slotted new people into the opening scene and then got up to scene 3. However the highlight of my night was listening to Hannah Mullen sing “Maybe this time” and it was a joy. Right so I guess I need to start looking at how to do an American accent. 
Finally Saturday is Connections time, so let’s say the session started a little bit strange when two members of the cast came in with lion king make up on, not the usual sight we see. This is my second connections and this year in the play “Eclipse” by Simon Armitage I am playing a blind boy. Is it hard to play a blind boy? Well, yes I would say it is because it’s the fact of not been able to see anything at all which makes it scarier. However the play is coming on nicely as we an approaching connections week itself. This week we started to sort the final scene out which is a massive poem. The thing I like about the final scene is that everyone is in it even the Lightness in the Dark cast. I think the play will be a lot different to any play I’ve done before. It’s going to be a treat so make sure you buy your tickets.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...