The life I get to live...

It's difficult to pick one thing to blog about this week as it's been made up of lots of divergent threads but I suppose the major theme is it's been very much about what's on the horizon.

We had results day on Thursday - so stressful for all concerned - for some YTYT members and associates they got exactly what they needed to go on to the next chapter...for others it wasn't the news they were hoping for.  I recognise that last situation all too well, my A' level results took me in a completely different direction to the one I would have followed if I'd got what I needed to take my place at Loughborough Uni.  I can't imagine a life now without my years out, my wonderful time at Bretton Hall and all the rest of the adventures that brought me to now...artistic director of my own company with a string of qualifications and a deep and passionate love for the life I get to live...

Then we had Friday...Yasmin's play in a day and games session to help raise funds for her next chapter - studying at RADA.  The play the younger crew made was poignant and lovely and they had obviously had fun making it...then the games session was suitably ridiculous...I think maybe it's the first time YTYT have played musical bumps and to such an imaginative playlist too.  I know Yasmin has extended her gratitude but I'm really grateful too, the people who brought their children and attended the events showed Yasmin the kind of support that YTYT prides itself on.  Thank you for helping her get on her way.

Also on Friday Scarlet company started getting to grips with the pieces they are going to perform at our Scratch Event on the 19th of September as part of our Birthday celebrations.  They are such an excellent company to work on physical theatre pieces with and it's a joy to direct them.

Oh and I wrote a play...not for YTYT but for WYTDC our partners in so many things...the idea has been brewing for a long time but I'd been putting off sitting down to write it as I am always scared that the actual script won't be as good as the one I had in my head.  However after many, many hours spent writing this week I am glad to say that it's done and that I'm really pleased with it.  I am so excited to get working on bringing it to life in a couple of weeks.

Our final achievement this week is that one of our scripts, "Ghosts in the Garden," originally created for Halloween at Nostell last year...will be staged in Falkirk this Halloween.  It's going to be staged by two brilliant directors and I'm thrilled they chose it.

I think you'll agree for a quiet week there was certainly a lot going on.  Next week things really hot up - we have rehearsals for Lit Fest and Black Company starts back - it's a company that has undergone a lot of changes over the summer and I'm excited about beginning to create with them in their new incarnation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...