Amy Winder is our guest blogger this week

I find that, in the early stages of rehearsal, there is nothing more satisfying than working through the script, setting out different scenes and getting a better idea of the thoughts and feelings about each character. After only two rehearsals and one read through, Hacktivists is in pretty good shape. We've got a great set, the first scene and a bit is on it's feet and we know watch out for when we're acting (not knowing what's going to happen before it happens).

I've thought a lot more about my character at this stage. Originally, I walked into the first rehearsal knowing that I was playing Denise (hacker name Spanner), a computer techie, who is particularly into the engineering side of technology. Now, I've made discoveries about her: I know what year group she's in, some of the relationships with the others and her opinions on them. Most of these things, I'd normally think about far later into rehearsals but, having them on hand means, I'll be able to understand Denise better when we finish setting the play and begin to make it work as a play

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...