Amy W...blogs about the launch of our Connections production "Hacktivists"

Saturday, on the 15th November 2014, began like any other. I got up to my alarm clock (and didn’t fall back to sleep like I would on a school day) and set about getting ready for the day. I collected my script, props and costume (Gold company’s Twelve Dancing princesses is going swimmingly by the way, despite people standing on the full length ball gowns and Toni falling over), before heading to Yew Tree and happily humming along to Gold by Spandau Ballet. This Saturday, however, was not to be like any other. For this Saturday marked the beginning of the rehearsals of Hacktivists for National Theatre Connections 2015. It’s such an exciting thing because, having done The Wardrobe last year, a lot of us know what an amazing experience Connections is. Those who don’t only have to only had to look around at the palpable excitement in the room to know how much fun we’re going to have. If I ever was in any doubt, the read through filled me with confidence for the play. Although we may have stumbled over some words (Ai Weiwei) and giggled when some of us had to swear (Emily, Toni and Sam, you were gems), some parts of the play even started to come to life, even if we were only sitting in a circle with scripts in our hands. Along with the things that already appear to be fitting together, there are also challenges. We need to learn about different political aspects of hacking, as well as having a sort of idea about the coding aspect. My character is very hands on, the type of girl who can try to install mini-readers into the portacabin wall, which I have no idea how to do. To conclude, Connections this year will be great and I have no doubt that the cast and crew will be able to make it fantastic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...