A farewell from Calum as he goes back up the road to Falkirk

Many people ask me, "So how are you getting on working away?"
My response is difficult because I haven't stopped the whole month. Where exactly do I start?

I was welcomed into the Osborne household for the month. Looked after doesn't come close to describing their hospitality. I was told my first week would be busy and it was. Halloween at Nostell, such an amazing welcome from a truly awesome cast. As if walking ELEVEN kilometres round the grounds would be enough to tire you out, I was eager to start the Yearbook tour which was set ready to go. 
 
It's at this point I sat back and realised how lucky I was to be there.

The Yearbook tour started really well visiting lots of schools in the Wakefield district some close some far ( it's the first time I've seen 6:00 am on a clock I a long time) I must take the time to thank the lovely Hannah Speke for looking after me on busses even although I could have used her when I found myself walking for 40 minutes in the wrong direction trying to find Osborne household and not to forget to thanks Sarah Rodgers for being so easy to work with.

The next event was Rivers of London radio play which I had the privilege to have a part in. I was asked to read the part of Oxley, not to mention doing my best cockney and Russian or Romanian accent (I'm not sure what it was) for 2 other smaller parts. This proved to be a challenge for me as I'm the first person to admit I'm not good at sight reading from a page but I learnt it's a massive reward when you succeed in coming out of your comfort zone. I thank the Rivers of London cast and production team for helping me realise this.

It really is heart breaking when I have worked with and witnessed some brilliant Christmas production rehearsals that I won't get to see but I'm making plans for March to return for Alice in Wonderland which is shaping up beautifully.

When I worked with Sarah the first time I was asked to create a saying to sum up what youth theatre is.
 
"I'm thinking of a place where you see your family away from home" this couldn't be more true,
I now have a Yew Tree family. Some of the most versatile, talented and professional young people I have ever met.  

I won't be a stranger and I'll never forget the time I spent this month and the new friends I have made. Words cannot describe how inspired I am. I have no words to describe my thanks to Sarah and Oz for giving me the opportunity to live their life for a month and making my stay perfect.

With a tear in my eye,
I say goodbye!
For now.

Love Calum x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...