Mel with the last of the farewell blogs...

Well, I've been at Yew Tree for the past 7 years... I was asked if I wanted to join Gold Company after being picked as 'student of the day' by Sarah on one of my Aim Higher trips. Since then I have come so far. When I joined I was the most broken child and so shy. Along the way I've had my dramas in life but Yew Tree have always been my 'Get Away Card', a place to go where nobody knows about your home life and you can just switch off, relax and enjoy the company of the Yew Tree Family, and look at me now. I've turned in to a confident, young woman (that sounds weird to say haha). Never could I ever have imagined playing a character like Cyprus when I started Yew Tree or even when I auditioned for her at Connections last year. I've come out of my shell in ridiculous amounts and made so many friends at Yew Tree, and hopefully some of those will last a lifetime. I have so much to thank Yew Tree and Sarah for and I can't possibly express my gratitude enough in just a single blog, but I'm going to miss everyone and I'm so gutted to be missing the Christmas shows, my little Orange company especially. 2 years I've been volunteering for that company and they're all little cherubs.
So the end of one chapter ends and another begins. Yew Tree has set me up to feel ready for University now. Moving away is such a big step that comes with a lot of maturity and responsibility, but I'll never forget what Yew Tree has taught me, plus, I'll be back. So its goodbye, but only for a short time
Much Love Yew Tree xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...