Harry with his farewell blog

Well, this September I'll be coming up to my 9th year at Yew Tree, and this September I will be moving away down to Lincoln for university.. excitingly scary stuff! I remember my first session at Yew Tree, back at Drury Lane Library and little 9 year old me was absolutely terrified! I remember how much fun I had and how I couldn't wait to go back again the week after, I remember raving to my parents about everything that happened in the car on the way back home.. Over the years I had so many great memories as a young kid in Gemma's Saturday morning session (before they were even named colours!) Whether it was performing 'The Xmas Factor' at the church in Eastmoor (the church in which I used to dread putting the chairs out every Saturday after the session finished) or my ridiculous attempt at an American accent in 'Maybe This Time' when I was 11 (in which I had to kiss Emily McGee and was terrified hahaha). So first of all I would like to say a massive thankyou to Gemma for being a major part of my childhood! (and for also allowing me to act a complete terror for most of it too!) and I think without Gemma and her Saturday morning sessions being a constant in my life throughout my childhood I wouldn't have developed my confidence and passion for drama (and all that jazz) from a young age, which I am going to study in September! Then as the years went by it was time to move up to Gold.. and by the first five minutes of the session I already felt like I'd known everybody for a lifetime! One thing I do remember about my first Gold session was just how friendly everybody was and how much fun it was too. I probably embarrassed myself a lot more than I should've during my time at Gold..like when Rachel Johnson made me perform a 'ballet' routine to Someone Like You by Adele as part of our piece (dear god why hahah) I'd also just like to shout out to the epic games of situation wink murder played at Gold, definitely a highlight! Although my own personal favourite memory of my time at Gold has to be donning the furry legs made by Beth Mirfin's mum and picking up the brown paper parcels and playing Mr. Tumnus with Lucy Tranter at Clark Hall.. favourite. performance. ever. And then there's Black.. and I can honestly say over this past year at Black (after my infamous half a year out) (not really infamous but) has been the source of so many funny memories and tears of laughter. I love my Thursdays because no matter how horrible a shift I've had I know I'm going to Black and will no doubt have fun with a bunch of fantastic people. Quick mention to the 'not liked to be talked about' events of Charlotte Claytons comedy jog across the stage! It's the things like this that I'm going to miss the most when I move away, and I can't wait to see everybody at Christmas and hopefully make it back in time to see all the shows! I've made some excellent friends during my 9 years at Yew Tree and I hope to see you all soon! And last but not least a thank you to Sarah, for all the opportunity, guidance and skills you have taught me and boundless others in the past! Thank you everybody, it's been a pleasure... cya at Christmas! (and probably this Thursday too..awks)"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...