It makes my week when someone asks to guest blog without being prompted...At Gold Company Amy made my week...

Hello my lovely Yew Tree-ers, Amy Thompson here blogging for Gold company as Christmas spirit has officially hit the saturday mornings. Yes, yes it is September, but impressively, we are up to page 6 on the production due in December already. I strongly believe every great session starts with a game of Funky Seaweed and now I have chance to preach that, as our great session started with it. After Danny Bell's slide into the battlefield and Emma Fretwell's truly 'funky' seaweed dance, I didn't think the playing field would get more competitive but I couldn't of been more wrong. It would seem that a game called King Ball turns innocent members of a youth theatre into absolute Olympian competitors. Code words was a great idea to remember who's on your team, so if you ever get chance to play, I recommend 'panther'... I also found out that every bump can be solved with a bromance hug. Oh, and Demi Lovato is hot when she's angry (Merv, we're all worried). With the score 10 - 4, a win went to 'where's Mickey?' team. If you say you went home from Gold without the christmas street cafe jingle in your head, you are definitely lying to yourself. It is a joyous soundtrack to accompany some joyous acting. A game of street cafe can be turned into the most wonderful short drama piece, as we saw in Reprise with 'Red' from Black company, and as we will see this Christmas. I love how everyone can be so independent yet linked together because they're all moving through the same place. What I'm especially looking forward to is the array of festive jumpers, scarves and hats that will be gracing the stage! A certain intimidating vibe was being radiated from a Mr Scrooge (who is developing rather nicely from Mr Wilby) in the work scene we launched today. Seeing it all go from a high spirit in the street to a low and tense atmosphere in the work place is such a transfer to compare the two moods of the piece. Physical theatre is always done so beautifully by Yew Tree and I'm glad to say I participate in some symbolic physical theatre this term... But we can't reveal all now, it will have to wait until show time. What I can say is that Gold company will definitely not disappoint come Christmas and will definitely over achieve this year, just as we did in Reprise. Well done today team! Until next time, Amy T x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...