Jack's thoughts on Tomorrow I'll Be Happy - he was at work all day when we compiled the group one...

So here we are, another Connections come and gone. And, like it has been all the years before, it’s been fantastic. It’s the third and last connections I’ll get to act in, and quite frankly, I couldn’t have thought of a better type of play to do for the hat-trick. It’s been a play that has required a lot of digging and discovery, and I know that every single one of us involved has come along so far because of it. And we couldn’t have done it without brilliant directors like Sarah and Danny, as well as each other. Constructing Darren’s character has been one of the biggest challenges I’ve had so far in acting, finding out new things about him right up to the performance at Kendal itself, but it’s also been one of the more rewarding, expanding my comfort zone of what I can portray on stage. And it’s all because of the family we’ve constructed since last year.
As for Kendal itself, it was, as always, spectacular. We got to see a wide range of plays, and some of the lighter ones provided a great contrast to the grit of Tomorrow I’ll Be Happy. Particularly the play What Are They Like, which we saw two completely different performances of, and both managed to be as equally truthful and fantastic as the other. We had some great laughs and talks over the weekend, and I couldn’t have been happier to have spent the weekend with a cast and crew like ours.
Jack

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...