Harry finally writes his debut blog

How have I managed to go so long without ever writing a blog? Hell. Black company on Thursday was wonderful, exactly what I needed after a rubbish day at college and work. A joyful game of coconuts, in which I failed miserably, but never mind ha..
            Today we had the chance to read our scripts with our groups for the first time, which was great to see how it had all turned out. I loved the script and the dynamics of our group within seconds of reading and I instantly wanted to get up and start rehearsing the piece before we had even got to the end of the first page! I can’t express enough my delight towards this project, it is something completely different to anything I’ve done for a while at Yew Tree, and I’m ridiculously excited for it to get into full swing!
            After various read throughs with my group, we started to briefly block our piece, experimenting and trying out different ideas, and I felt that as a group our ideas completely flowed and bounced off each other, which is always great, especially when working in such small groups, something I also haven’t done in a long time at Yew Tree. I have the pleasure in working with people that I never have before, and that experience in itself is marvelous as you get to know even more about the lovely people at Yew Tree!
            Hearing the other groups read out their pieces was also a delight, there are so many diverse scripts that have been written, that are sure to be winners when they’re brought to life! Well, saying that, they were all very full of life just from the read through. The humor, the subtly, the varying array of interesting characters. It was wonderful to hear the rest of the scripts, to see what the rest of the company will be working on throughout the term and I can’t wait to see how they all develop! Including my own, but yeah..
            Thursday was a brilliantly successful session and it has made me extremely excited for next week so that we can work on our pieces! Following the session before half term on character work, I am also very excited to be doing charactery based pieces this time round, as it is something I really enjoy and haven’t done in a long time!
            Phew..blog over, and think I’ve said the word ‘excited’ about 52 times.. exciting times! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Leavers Blog - finally :)

Arwen's Leavers blog

Celebrating the past in the present...